Become a certified scuba diver or continue your education. Dive Source offers a wide variety of courses, ranging from beginner to advanced and specialty diver training. You will find a complete schedule on our Google calendar.
Open Water Diver
Become a certified scuba diver with the Dive Source. What sets us apart? It’s our smaller, more intimate class settings, which result in a higher level of personal attention
- With our state-of-the-art eLearning program, you can begin immediately and complete all the academics when and where it is most convenient. (This also gives you more time in the water.)
- Once the academics are completed, we’ll schedule your in-water training. This starts with approximately four to six hours in the pool.
Following your pool training, you’ll make four dives in open water over two days. You can choose to do these dives:
- In some of our many freshwater springs
- On a shallow reef in the Atlantic
- …or a combination of both
Following your final open-water dives, you’ll receive your Open Water Diver card.
Pricing is as follows:
|Deposit (due at sign up)||$150|
|Balance (due prior to in-water training)||$245|
You will receive your books and other learning materials as soon as your deposit is paid. The total course fee includes:
- In-water training
- Use of equipment
- Air fills
- Certification card.
Students are responsible for dive-site admission fees and any other expenses associated with open-water training dives.
Advanced Open Water Diver
This course introduces you to a variety of specialized diving activities while increasing your confidence and comfort. Learning takes place entirely in open water, with an emphasis on fun and enjoyment.
|Advanced Open Water Diver course||$295|
Enriched Air Nitrox
Enriched Air Nitrox (EANx) is nothing more than the air you are breathing right now, but with a higher concentration of oxygen and a lower concentration of nitrogen. This can result in longer bottom times, shorter surface intervals, greater safety margins or a combination of all three. The course addresses several topics, including:
- Nitrox benefits and drawbacks
- The physics and physiology of oxygen and nitrogen
- Avoiding oxygen toxicity and DCS
- Calculating Maximum Operating Depth (MOD)
- Determining the best Nitrox mixture based on MOD
- Calculating Equivalent Air Depths (EADs)
- Using EADs in conjunction with air dive tables
- Common Nitrox blending methods
- Safety around oxygen
- Analyzing Nitrox mixtures
- Planning Nitrox dives
|Enriched Air Nitrox Diver course||$89|
Go even further.
- The Rescue Diver course provides essential skills beyond the simple self-rescue techniques covered in entry-level courses.
- Divemaster training can qualify you to organize and lead dives for certified divers, assiste with diver training and more.
- Instructor training can enable you to teach others to dive and well as conduct a wide variety of continuing education courses.